February 29, 2008
For those seeking funding help for theological graduate school and seminary education, here is a list of seminary scholarship funds that I have found (each may have specific qualifications):
- The Seminary Scholarship Fund Committee — Support Seminarians preparing for full-time Christian ministry amongst the Chinese in China and Asia/Pacific.
- Korean-American Scholarship, Global Mission Church, Scholarship Committee, 13421 Georgia Ave. Silver Spring, MD 20906; contact email@example.com — Scholarship for Korean-American students preparing for full-time ministry.
- David Yi-Suang Tein Memorial Scholarship — for those with a burden to minister to the Chinese people. More information via West Houston Chinese Church.
- Jonathan Theological Scholarship Fund, P.O. Box 6756, Laguana Niguel, CA 92607-6756; contact firstname.lastname@example.org — Scholarship for students who have completed one year of theological study and who want to minister in a North American Chinese church.
- National Korean Presbyterian Women, Mrs. Hae Sook Nam, Moderator, 10505 Water Point Way, Mitchellville, MD 200721 — Grants for second generation Korean American women.
- Justin Haruyama Ministerial Scholarship Fund, Japanese American United Church, 255 Seventh Avenue, New York, NY 10001, 212-242-9444 — scholarship to full-time students in accredited Protestant seminaries who are preparing to serve Japanese American congregations.
- Chinese Christian Fellowship — Chinese students to study theology Scholarship Coordinator — Chinese Christian Fellowship, Inc., 549 West 123rd St., New York, NY 10027, (212) 666-3230
- Christian Women’s Association, for Korean American Students; Christian Women’s Association, Mrs. Young Won Paek, 2918 N. Lexington St., Arlington, VA 22207
- David Tamotsu Kagiwada Memorial Scholarship — Asian-American ministerial students who are member of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ)
- Grace Foundation scholarships for students from Southeast Asia, Grace Foundation, PO Box 924, Menlo Park, CA 94025
- The Fund for Theological Education
- The Fund for Theological Education FundFinder — information about financial resources for theological students beyond those offered by FTE and individual theological institutions.
- Financial aid and scholarship info at seminary websites: Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, Golden Gate Baptist Theological Seminary, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, Duke Divinity School, Fuller Theological Seminary, Dallas Theological Seminary, Bethel Seminary, Princeton Theological Seminary, Emory School of Theology, New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary, Luther Seminary, Erskine Seminary (South Carolina)
- PC(USA)’s Presbyterian Study Grant, Racial Ethnic Supplemental Grant
- SeminaryGradSchool.com‘s Costs, Grants, and Scholarships Search
- College Answer’s Scholarship Search— search database that contains more than 2.8 million scholarships worth over 16 billion dollars
Please add a comment with other seminary scholarship information.
Link to this article: