December 18, 2009
A first-of-its-kind book, Asian American Youth Ministry, provides a much needed resource for those who serve among one of the fastest-growing minority groups in America. This book compiles the practical insights from 12 accomplished youthworkers, who collectively have over 100 years of experience in Asian American youth ministry. The contributors share their perspectives and insights about the intergenerational church, student leadership, and vital outreach.
Asian American Youth Ministry emerged out of a desire to address the distinct issues and challenges of Christian ministry in an Asian American context. This book is designed to be a valuable resource for both professional youth ministers as well as adult volunteers and parents too. Read what people are saying about the book and preview the book’s introduction.
Contributors: Joey Chen, Brian Gomes, Brian Hall, Eugene Kim, Danny Kwon, Caleb Lai, Angela Lee, Victor Quon, Joseph Tsang, Peter Wang, Justin Young. Editor: DJ Chuang.
Purchase the printed book online at www.lulu.com/content/287040 + also available as an eBook on iBooks or ePub download
“CONVERSATIONS: Asian American Evangelical Theologies in Formation” gives voice to six theological reflections in an Asian American context with evangelical perspectives. This book is edited by DJ Chuang and Timothy Tseng, and published by L2 Foundation.
This book captures the conversations that are starting to form Asian American evangelical theologies. Contributors share their reflections along the themes of identity and community. This compilation consists of these thoughtful chapters:
- Identity Formation in the Second-Generation Korean American Church (Peter Cha, Trinity International University)
- Beyond Orientalism and Assimilation: Towards an Asian American Identity (Timothy Tseng, Institute for the Study of Asian American Christianity)
- Beyond Han: A Korean American Evangelical Theologian’s Reflections (Paul Lim, Vanderbilt University)
- Christian Communities Emerging from the Japanese and Korean Migrations (David Yoo, Claremont McKenna College, Lori Pierce, DePaul University, Paul Spickard, UC Santa Barbara)
- Power Issues in Cross-Cultural Equality Pursuit (James Chien Zo, Logos Seminary)
- Asian American Theology: A Modern and Postmodern Dilemma (Jeffrey Jue, Westminster Theological Seminary)
Link to this article: